Friday, August 22, 2008

A Momentous Occasion

Ian is officially potty trained!

For a while there I was a little worried that he would graduate from a size 6 Huggies to Depends - but it was easier than I thought it'd be. He mastered #1 quickly, but was adamant about doing #2 in a diaper. So, we struggled with that for a couple of weeks, then finally after bribing him with a quarter and a possible toy horse ride at Fred Meyer, he went in the toilet - I should've known he'd do it for money! He's been great about it ever since.

He's proudly showing off his spiderman underwear to whoever cares to look. Why he's so into spiderman is beyond me, he's never seen spiderman movie or cartoon.

Now he's ready to start preschool in the fall and he's so excited! I'll be just outside his preschool while he's there, at least for the first couple of weeks, and see how he fares. I'll wait till then to read New Moon so I'll have something to do :)

Here's Ian showing that his toilet seat also doubles as a party hat :)

No comments: